Author: Linda K. Hubalek, Grooms with Honor
Format: Kindle Edition
Publisher: Butterfield Books Inc.
Release Date: July 01, 2018
A soldier comes to the aid of a woman during the snowstorm...and decides to bring her home. But not everyone is happy with his decision.
Nolan Clancy finished his military career in Fort Ellis, Montana Territory and is traveling home to run his grandparent’s café in Kansas. His train is delayed in Miller Springs, MT because of a snow storm, and he helps a woman feed the waylaid passengers in the café in town.
Holly Brandt grew up on military forts where her father was an interpreter between the soldiers and the Indians. Her mother, a full-blooded Cheyenne, and Holly’s two sisters died in Kansas before she and her father moved to the Montana Territory. Her father’s death leaves Holly orphaned and homeless until she finds work in a café.
When the café owner decides to sell her business and move away, Nolan invites Holly to travel to Kansas with him.
People don’t always treat Holly with respect because of her mother’s Cheyenne heritage, but Nolan sees her as a kind woman always wanting to help others. His pastor has always told him to respect and honor women as it says in the wedding vows, and Nolan realizes he wants to say the real wedding vows to Holly.
But will their differences, along with the townspeople’s interference, let them have their happily ever after?
Nolan’s Vow is a stand-alone sweet historical romance set in 1885, but you'll want to read the whole series to enjoy the stories of the Clear Creek, Kansas community. This story was originally published in the Montana Sky Kindle World, and has been updated.
Read all these romance novels by award-winning author, Linda Hubalek.
Grooms with Honor Series
1. Angus’ Trust (Angus and Daisy)
2. Fergus’ Honor (Fergus and Iris)
3. Gabe’s Pledge (Gabe and Iva Mae)
4. Mack’s Care (Mack and Pansy)
5. Cullen’s Love (Cullen and Rose)
6. Seth’s Promise (Seth and Lily)
7. Adolph's Choice (Adolph and Poppy)
8. Nolan's Vow (Nolan and Holly)
9. Elof's Mission (Elof and Linnea)
10. Jasper's Wish (Jasper and Julip)
11. Tully’s Faith (Tully and Violet)
12. Kiowa's Oath (Kiowa and Mary)
Brides with Grit Series
1. Rania Ropes a Rancher (Rania and Jacob)
2. Millie Marries a Marshal (Millie and Adam)
3. Hilda Hogties a Horseman (Hilda and Noah)
4. Cora Captures a Cowboy (Cora and Dagmar)
5. Sarah Snares a Soldier (Sarah and Marcus)
6. Cate Corrals a Cattleman (Cate and Isaac)
7. Darcie Desires a Drover (Darcie and Reuben)
8. Tina Tracks a Trail Boss (Tina and Leif)
9. Lorna Loves a Lawyer (Lorna and Lyle)
10. Helen Heals a Hotelier (Helen and Ethan)
11. Faye Favors a Foreman (Faye and Rusty)
12. Amy Admires an Amish Man (Amy and Eli)
Contemporary Romance Books by Linda K. Hubalek
The Clear Creek Legacy Series, features the descendants of the Brides with Grit and Grooms with Honor families (available and future titles)
The Saddler’s Legacy (featuring the Shepard families)
The Rancher’s Birthright (featuring the Reagan families)
The Marshal’s Gift (featuring the Wilerson families)
The Cowboy’s Heritage (featuring the Hamner families)
The Soldier’s Bequest (featuring the Brenner families)
American Mail-Order Bride Series
Lilly: Bride of Illinois
Historical Fiction Books based on Linda Hubalek's family history