The Essence of Measuring and Managing Return on Equity
Author: Sundar Venkatesh
Format: Kindle Edition
Publisher: ConnectEd Learning and Development
Release Date: November 06, 2011
In The Essence of Measuring and Managing Return on Equity, Professor Sundar Venkatesh, Phd, who has over 15 years of experience teaching Masters, Phds and Executive MBA programme participants from over 25 countries, provides a simple and effective approach to, what is commonly perceived as, a complex subject.
This slim aid to self learning comprehensively covers principles of finance in 10 short chapters.
Written in a simple language this book explains the principles and stimulates critical thinking through several Self Test Questions. It is a perfect handy-size reference for busy executives learning on the move. The topics follow an intuitively logical sequence. The treatment of the subject matter is intended to provide the big picture while paying attention to details that are necessary for a first time learner of the subject.
It is ideal for business executives seeking an overview of the subject as it is for participants in MBA and Executive MBA programmes. It can be used a stand alone or as a supplement to other very detailed text books.
Table of contents
1. Financial markets and a model of the firm.
2. Return on Investment and Weighted Average Cost of Capital.
3. Return on Equity and its components.
4. Measuring and Managing Profitability.
5. Measuring and Managing Asset Utilisation.
6. Measuring and Managing Liquidity.
7. Measuring and Managing Costs.
8. Managing Investments: Capital Budgeting.
9. Managing Financing: Weighted Average Cost of Capital.
10. A dashboard for financial decision making.