Managing the Ubuntu Software System (Linux Nitty Gritty)
Author: Keir Thomas
Format: Kindle Edition
Keir Thomas is the world's most popular author writing about Ubuntu. His books have been read by over 1,000,000 readers and are #1 best-sellers. His book Beginning Ubuntu Linux recently entered its sixth edition, and picked-up a Linux Journal award along the way. Thomas is also the author of Ubuntu Kung Fu.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Get to grips with the Ubuntu software system in this easy-to-read and understandable guide for newcomers.
Within its pages you'll learn:
* The nature of Ubuntu software packages and repositories;
* How to use Synaptic to add, remove and refresh software;
* How to add new software repositories to Ubuntu;
* How to install and remove software at Ubuntu's command-line prompt.